1) Disregard everything you have ever learned about what to do in traffic. You are about to do the complete opposite.
2) There is never a "good" time to cross the road. You must step directly into the path of oncoming traffic or you will never leave that curb.
3) If you are biking on the right side of the road and you see a motorbike headed straight towards you, chances are they will make a left turn before hitting you. Probably.
4) Don't be concerned about knowing when you are about to be passed, you will be honked at before it happens.
5) Traffic lights are mere suggestions.
6) You will either come out of this with greater faith in humanity to function without rule, or not at all.
Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.